Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Diablo 3

Okay so Blizzard announced Diablo 3. I must say even though I said I'd be happy ether way I'm not as excited about it as I would have been previously. Now don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of the Diablo series. I remember playing the original Diablo on an overclocked (bear with me now) 486 DX2. I know, it's painful to read. I was also in the Diablo 2 beta along with a friend of mine. I own not one, not two, but three copies of Diablo 2 which I used to run on three separate machines at the house for myself and my friends.

Diablo is a solid series with rich lore and colorful characters. If anything it has continuity, you meet and even save one of the original characters from Diablo 1 in Diablo 2. Deckard of course. Honestly I am going to buy Diablo 3 because it looks good. The engine seems to be near to being finished if not finished already, I think they just need time to write the campaign and all that.

My point is that I would be much happier with an MMO announcement coupled with something akin to the 'station pass' that Sony has. Until then, I cheer for thee Starcraft Online!

No comments: