Thursday, March 8, 2007

Shamanize!

Okay so now my shaman hit level 30 and I have to say I am quite pleased with what I recieved. I finally have the almighty shaman insta-rez and what seems to be a second recall that has only a 15 minute cooldown. Now I came into this knowing that Shaman is a utility class but it seems to me they are a little too versitile. I have totems that spit fireballs, reduce damage, cure poisons, kill polymorph and other harmful effects, give everyone extra damage, enhance everyone's resistance to damage. That's just scratching the surface. Originally Blizzard stated that the Shaman was the most balanced class and they wanted to mirror every class around that 'power level'. I can name quite a few classes that are severely lacking.

My friend has a level 54 paladin that we've both decked out in the best equipment and specced out for damage and sustainability. The only thing his paladin has going for him is the fact that it's really, really hard to kill him. Every class has their weaknesses and after playing a Shaman for so long I realize why people used to complain. The Shaman has a very diverse array of abilties. This gives the illusion of being overpowered, especially when you put a good player behind the keys of one.

No comments: