Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Team Fortress 2

Okay, so I've had Team Fortress 2 for several months now. Unboxed, installed, relatively untouched. So I decided to try it last night and I was pleasantly surprised.

I remember back in the TF and MegaTF days of Quake I. Yeah that dates back a bit but back to the point I was impressed with the game. The same mechanics are there and the same old gameplay. Honestly I was very fond of 2Forts back in the day and I find myself playing that more than anything. My achievement screen is a little underpopulated as is the log that shows your high scores and time played on each class. It seems that Engineer, Soldier, and Demoman are my 'top classes' thus far.

I've played every class so far and found that my least favorite class is the medic and my most favorite class is the Spy. There's just something about coming up behind someone and giving them the assknife that makes my evening. So what's your favorite class?

Graphics: 10 of 10
Sound: 8 of 10
Gameplay: 10 of 10
Fun Factor/Replay: 10 of 10

Honestly it's an almost perfect score. I love the cartoony graphics, it's unique. (Reminiscent of Earthbound) Even though your main objective is to shoot someone else in the face the design of the characters is a little more friendly. The sound is quite honestly annoying at times because of repetitive shotgun blasts but that's fixable in the options. And as for gameplay and replay I can honestly say it's theraputic to shoot the crap out of someone when I need to work off some frustration or do something out of the norm. I can't find myself playing it for more than a few rounds though so it's more of a 'take it in moderation' game. But I plan to take it in moderation quite often. The orange box was definitely worth the $20 I paid for it on black friday.

No comments: