Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What's in a quest?

So I've taken four characters through the entire process of Outland including my wife's 70 shadow priest. Through all of that I've done a set pattern of zones. Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand, Netherstorm. My gnome warlock who I have affectionately named Wigglerachet (yes he's an engineer too) reached 68 after doing just 5-6 quests in Nagrand. So I left Nagrand without doing any more of the quests. Honestly since there are no instances in Nagrand I don't really care anymore. My Mage has the riding talbuk and above that there isn't any other reason for me to complete the quests in Nagrand until I hit 70. Then I can go back and get gold for them all instead of experience.

Recently though (having never been in Blade's Edge other than to do the chain to get me into the daily quests for Ogri'la and the Skyguard.) I've been doing the quests in Blades Edge for the sole reason to get gold. I've worked my warlock up to 1100g my mage up to 1400g and since my hunter is on another server he's poor. My warlock, however, has not gotten his flying mount since he's not 70 just yet. It seems to me that doing quests when you hit the cap is one of the best ways to make money out there. (Any other suggestions?)

Which begs the question of why would someone risk their favorite characters just to spend REAL money to get fake money? By the way what spawned this was six e-mails from four different gold farming operations asking for advertising space on my blog. Pardon my french but you're an asshole, ASSHOLE.

That said the old saying goes 'It takes two to tango.' WHY damn it all WHY?!

No comments: