Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend in Warcraft

So I played World of Warcraft a lot this weekend, go figure right? Well here's a run-down of what we did thusfar.

Power-leveling: Since I am the most skilled at AoE pulling and run-throughs I have been participating in a lot of power-leveling lately. This weekend was my wife's warrior (for the inevitable Zang'thraze the Destroyer, or whatever it is) and a holy priest. A good friend of mine just respecced his 44 priest to holy and as such he requires groups more than your average character.

I often wonder why Blizzard hasn't fixed that problem, I consider it broken dynamics. Every spec for every class should have a viable solution for soloing. Holy Priests, Resto Druids, Resto Shamans, and Holy paladins (just to name a few, forgive me if I miss your class) have the worst time trying to level. I, personally would rather play a holy priest instead of a shadow priest. Some solutions I have thought of would be hiring a tank henchman, or adding more damage-dealing to the specs but what do you think?

On my side my wife and the other dude running with us was nice enough to take my shaman into Blackrock Depths to gather some equipment that drops from various bosses. In particular I was hoping to get the Savage Gladiator's set because she is currently enhancement. Four times in we decided to switch to something else because my equipment will be replaced quickly. Honestly though I am wearing mostly leather and at that it's +int/sta which is more for enhancement shamans.

Dungeons and Heroics: We ran ourselves through a few dungeons and heroics this weekend including Arcatraz, Old Hillsbrad, Steamvaults, and Hellfire Ramparts. My friend, who's mage is named Joinde, has never been into Karazhan or any of the high-level dungeons so we started (and nearly finished) his attunement last night. Tonight we're going to do the Black Morass. The attunement to karazhan isn't really that difficult, I've attuned a few so far and assisted with attunements. The only difficult part is working your way through the shadow labs.

Auction House: Wow, here's the true pain in the ass. I listed my Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer this weekend, again, and got no hits. I'm starting to get discouraged, and as such I think we are going to start questing for cash. It seems to me that it would be the fastest way seeing I haven't touched any quests in blades edge, nor have I finished all the outland quests. What's the fastest way to make money in your opinion?

No comments: